Purchasing life insurance for a CF patient is very problematic, although it is necessary to take out a mortgage. Individual companies now offer life insurance to CF patients, regardless of their medical condition.
The insurance terms are limited, and the main restrictions are:
• A ceiling of NIS 850,000.
• For the first three years of insurance, there is coverage only for death from an accident, and there is no coverage for death from illness. After three years, the insurance covers end for any reason.
• Higher premium.
Options CEO, Danny Sells: 050-5301900
Bruchstein Insurance – 03-5241242
It is essential to find out the insurance coverage concerning all possible risks. Here are some travel insurance options:
• The Hayden Agency – via 03-5688839 / 25
• Probably Toren Agency by phone 03-6380550, Keren Ben Hamo email@example.com
• Madness Company at 03-6380238.
• Passport card through agent confirmed Zarbiv at 054-8346639
• An option company offers insurance for up to 90 days if there is no change in the insured’s medical condition in the six months before the trip. Danny Sells – 050-5301900
• HMO – You can also find out the insurance terms through the supplementary insurances of the various HMOs.
Flight Tips: What is essential about flying?
Go and explain what you have to a Chinese doctor (or a Polish nurse).
Again important…. Please do not be lazy and go to your attending physician and ask him to prepare a concluding medical letter in English that includes: medical background, lung function, sensitivities, Full list of medications (yes, everything includes everything…. In security questioning).
Get tips from CF Tours:
It is essential to note in the medical letter that you must take the medication (liquids, saline solutions) with you on the plane and make sure that the doctor prescribes the following wording in the letter: Needs the following drugs and equipment ON BOARD
Take a Pap / Oxygen generator. You must update the travel company before the flight, and it is recommended to add medication in the letter in English – Requires Bi pap machine and portable oxygen system to carry-ON BOARD.
For long trips, it is also recommended to bring a disc with X-rays, a CT scan of the lungs, if any, and the results of recent blood tests.
You closed a pampering five-star hotel. Tap tap that you will stay the whole trip…
For any trouble that does not come, it is recommended to fly abroad with medical insurance that includes an improved insurance policy suitable for chronic patients.
The tips of CAF Tours
The most crucial section is coverage when exacerbating an existing illness. Therefore, it is essential to check carefully that the policy does cover you when it gets worse.
Yes, it’s a little more expensive than regular insurance, but it’s worth the peace of mind.
The reasonable price range for good health insurance (as of April 2016) is $ 2.5-6 per day. (Beyond this price, it is advisable to check out alternatives.)
Here are some recommendations from C. Apnics who have already seen abroad recently… Clalit Abroad Improved – The policy also covers a case of sudden and unexpected adverse change in the insured’s health due to an existing illness, which was stabilized in the six months before the start of insurance. By age 30, it is $ 2.15 per day. You can contact the Clalit Overseas Center for more details at 03-9420630.
Important to know – If you have to visit a hospital during your stay abroad, you will need to show your policy number. Therefore, make sure that the policy number is accessible. When you file a claim for a refund, you must be equipped with the following documents:
* Copy of the insurance policy issued to you.
* Photocopy of the relevant pages in the passport of departure dates and return to Israel.
* Photo of a flight ticket indicating departure and return to Israel.
* Detailed illness summary from a hospital abroad.
* Confirmation from the doctor treating the country in the medical history – including a list of the diseases you have suffered from in the six months before the trip.
* Original receipts from the entities that provided medical service abroad or credit printouts indicating the making of the payments.
* It is advisable to take a business card from the clinic or hospital with an email from the head nurse and secretary.
* It is recommended to photocopy all the original documents, ensure an excellent concluding letter and remember the test dates.
Probably on duty – offer insurance at $ 4 per day for patients with CF with coverage of up to $ 200,000 to aggravate an existing condition. Keren Ben Hamo firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport: The insurance is relatively expensive but insures patients are insured. * 9912
What goes into the big suitcase and what goes into the small bag?
What to pack in the small bag that takes you on the plane (along with a side bag)
Yes, a small suitcase but heavy and loaded with all the goodies…
Shall we start?
First of all, pack all the medicines (tips and recommendations for how much to take later)
And personal equipment that can be put on the plane, anti-bacterial handkerchiefs, food and snacks to snack on along with the crown (sometimes the chicken runs out on the plane and only couscous remains), money (dollars, euros and sometimes zlotys also grabs) an overseas credit card and another one to shop.
Inhalation / If device: do not forget about the novelizes, membranes, and cables of all kinds.
More relaxed with glaciers for medicines that require cooling conditions in a suitcase.
Electrical adapters for administrative devices as well as for cell phones and all your electrical products
Extension cable, chargers for all electrical appliances you take, or rechargeable batteries (do not forget to charge before) *
Assistive devices for physiotherapy: Triggers, TRIFLOW PEP mask, or PEP nozzle.
Medications for use in the flight itself
Is there more room for something else… or you could not close the suitcase? Caf Tours tips
Remember, everything that is critical should fit in the small suitcase with you on the plane. There have been cases where the sent large suitcase did not arrive with the flight…
Those who want to save on bag and dispense the medicine In the large bag that goes to the plane’s belly, it should be taken into account that the suitcase may be lost with the treatment in it. If the small bag (trolley) is packed to the brim – we still have an extensive list of medications and devices we need – and you need more space, find out with the airline if you can get on a plane with two small suitcases… For your consideration…
The outer carton packaging of the medicine can be dispensed with – it saves space. For your consideration as well.
Always remember, when you return the small suitcase is much emptier, and everything is more accessible unless you have returned from crazy shopping ..
Prepare in advance in an accessible place the medicines to be taken during the flight (sealed bag or small box)
So what do you do with the drugs that require refrigeration?
During the flight, you can ask the flight attendants for ice, put the ice in the vomit bag (liquid-resistant – after closing it with the metal strip) in the seat pocket in front of you, and put the vomit bag with the ice in another plastic bag (bag in a pack). Put the medicine in the plastic bag next to the vomit bag with the ice…. Delusional but works and mostly a fridge.
What to pack in the large suitcase that is sent to the cabin, which you will only see when you arrive abroad
Shoes and such…. Simpler
Just keep in mind, liquids can not be loaded onto the plane (except for medicines listed in the letter), so perfumes, shampoos and other cosmetics should be packed in the large suitcase.
A moment of math…. How many crowns to take?
It is better to have more than to get stuck without. In general, it is better to take excess medication for at least 3-5 days.
Have a list of common medications, prepare your list and go through the list while you pack.
Please note that the list of medications is partial, do not take medicines that do not belong to the patient or have not taken them in Israel before. In addition, do not forget to take additional drugs that the patient is taking and do not appear on the list.
3. Omphrex – It is recommended to take several additional packages, always good on a heartburn drug trip.
7 Keystone / Toby / Cholera (or something else)
8. Kryon – take some extra boxes – even extra if it’s a culinary trip.
9. Aqua Adex Soft Gel or other vitamins
10 Ventolin- to be within reach
11. Zipro antibiotics – just in case
12. The Hexaparon – for extra security.
Thirteen prescriptions – antibiotics for backup.
14. Prednisone (steroids) – For extra security
15. Peglex / Normal.
16. Tabekotan / Dermakovin – anti-rubbing ointment.
17. Paracetamol / Nusidex.
18. Rescue or sedative – For those who have a little fear of flying.
And we will move to other devices if you use them in the country – make room.
B-Pap: For users in Israel with B-Pap during physiotherapy or sleep, it is recommended to take B-Pap abroad. Usually, there is no problem in terms of security checks or electricity. (Yes, to equip yourself with a suitable adapter) You can sit with Bee Pap in the morning for a quarter of an hour or at the end of the day and make it easier to breathe.
2. Storation meter – If your storage is sometimes low, or in case you use oxygen at home, it is recommended that you equip yourself with a storage meter during the trip. In addition, in-flight, the oxygen goes down a bit, so if you feel bad and do not have an oxygen generator with you – ask the flight attendant for oxygen.
3. Sugar meter – for those who need it because it is diabetic or on the diabetic border, the menu changes a bit on the trip, and it is better to have a sugar meter to monitor from time to time. (Do not forget spikes and sticks)
4. Oxygen generator – For some patients: those who use physical therapy at home with oxygen, those who get tired with relatively light exertion, those with lung function below 40, and those who are undecided whether to take it or not. Recommends (from personal experience) to take for the duration of the trip and during the flight. (Explanation: Sitting with a regular mask like that of inhalation or oxygen glasses that attach to the nose and breathe completely normal. The truth is it is not terrible, maybe a little uncomfortable at first but worth the good feeling.)
* It is important to check: that the oxygen generator is in a standard that can be flown. There are several models in the middle – marked FFA APPROVED.
** Equipped with additional batteries that will suffice for the entire flight, the battery lasts for about two and a half hours.
*** You can rent an oxygen generator from the following places (prices as of April 2016):
Madishi company – NIS 800 per week.
From Dippadia – NIS 1,000 per month.
Teleparma – NIS 1,190 per month.
Yad Sara – do not just lend for purchase.
According to Medical – NIS 600 per week, you can fly to pick up from Ashdod and return.
Hand for healing – can be borrowed for a week, but the generator is relatively heavy, the size of a small suitcase on wheels (a trolley).
* If you take an oxygen generator with you, the travel company must be informed before the flight, and it is recommended to add medicines in the letter in English – Requires Bi pap machine and portable oxygen system to carry-ON BOARD
A few more tips from CAF Tours
• Travelers with a cell phone (of course it is…) It is recommended to purchase a program that includes surfing the Internet and not just calls. (It is possible in Israel, and it is also possible to have a local SIM abroad) Please note… With the local SIM abroad, you will receive a new local mobile number. It is advisable to send it by SMS to family / friends who can contact you (WhatsApp and Sanger continue to work as usual without change…. Keep digging in every possible group)
• When booking a hotel in Israel, make sure that the room has a refrigerator/minibar. If not, you can request a refrigerator for medicines in advance and replace a hotel.
• Request a non-smoking room in advance
• During the flight, it is recommended to get up from the seat from time to time to prevent swollen legs.
• Dress comfortably for the flight.
• Traveling with friends abroad? Beauty will help you carry the small and heavy suitcase. They will also be there for you if necessary, so it is essential before the trip to coordinate expectations and show them where all your medical documents and all-important phone numbers and contacts are.
Disability certificate – you can shorten queues and get discounts at tourist places and attractions – it is recommended to ask before.
For patients who sometimes receive intravenous treatment – it is recommended, about three weeks before the flight, to check with a home hospitalization clinic to get the trip in the best way. IV treatment is a pre-trip maintenance treatment, which is designed to allow you to get to the ride in the best way. Therefore, it is recommended not to stress and condition a certain number of lung functions or resist and get mad from the treatment. Instead, contact the treatment with understanding, invest strength and achieve maximum care to reap the rewards later and enjoy the trip.
And a few words before we take off.
All of the recommendations written here are based on alumni experience with CFF.
On first reading, it can be tiring and sucks to organize so much documentary equipment for a trip. But the primary purpose of the information written here is to encourage you to fly abroad, travel, see the world, hang out, have fun with family, friends, couple building, and basically do everything, as many of us have done, do and will do correctly so that you can enjoy the trip in the best way.
** Enjoy a lot, come back in peace, sure it will be fun. Of course, when you come back, do not forget to write experiences, and it is also desirable to upload a photo.
Have a nice holiday =),